FLUX® is a FEM commercial software simulating electromagnetics and thermal physical phenomena.
FLUX® is developed by Altair.
FLUX® is a mature and recognized tool, with 30 years of development and more than 1000 references worldwide in many industrial sectors.
EXTENDE fully masters FLUX® software with a part of its staff having a strong experience in FEM.
As a general purpose software, FLUX® offers a perfect complementarity to the semi-analytical approach of CIVA, which allows enlarging the field of applications that EXTENDE can address for you:
In Eddy Current Testing (ET)
Applications in Steam Generator Tubes Inspection
- Influence of conductive deposits:
- Influence of support plates:
- Accounting for tube Transition Zones:
- Study of the response of eddy current probes in bended parts:
Complex geometries of specimens, probes, flaws
Influence of specimen boundaries
In other electromagnetic methods such as Magnetic Particle (MT)
- FLUX® displays the magnetization field amplitude and direction.
- FLUX® can help knowing the zone coverage where flaws can be detected.
- Different magnetization techniques can be compared and optimized:
Non contact magnetization (solenoids, magnetic yokes, induction coils with custom shapes)
Direct magnetization: With electric currents passed trough the specimen
In Thermography (IRT)
- Study of temperature charts obtained for various defect sizes, specimen materials, heating frequencies and durations:
Example of Induction Thermography
Courtesy of SAFRAN TECH
FLUX® can also address SHM with embedded sensors