The RT module of CIVA Education gives acces to:
Direct radiation computation for qualitative and fast simulation
- Planar and Cylindrical component geometries, one weld example
- Material database including various steel alloys
- Gamma-Ray isotopes: Co60, Ir192, Se75
- X-ray source database of different energies (from xx kV to xx kV)
- Argentic film database and photostimulable image plate detectors
- ASTM Hole penetrameters and wire EN-IQI
- Parallelepiped or spherical defects (void or inclusion)
- Accounts for geometrical unsharpness
- Photon paths display
Examples of simulations
Among many other ideas, the RT module of CIVA Education will help you to teach the following topic:
- Visualize the impact of thickness change on the radiogram obtained.
- Highlight the impact of specimen materials on the photons path and the radiogram obtained.
- Illustrate the sensitivity of the RT technique depending on the defect orientation.
- Check the effect of the exposure time on the obtained level of density on the film.
- Evaluate the impact of the source orientation on a pipe component to locate the flaw.
- Understand the impact of geometrical unsharpeness and its origin.
- Illustrate the difference obtained with sources of different energy level.